- Professional Martial Arts Instructor
- Personal Fitness Trainer
- Adults/Kids classes Teacher
- Anti-Bullying Coach and Life Coach
- Fight Choreographer
- Training retreats/camps
Born and raised in New Zealand like most, got involved in various sports at an early age. It was not until Nick discovered Martial Arts that he was inspired to take a journey to study and train under some of the elite Professors, Coaches, Masters and Grandmasters from around the world.
Nick has always wanted to continually learn and challenge himself through study, training and competing, through this Nick has earned:
- Jeet Kune Do Concepts – Phase 3 Level 4 and Certified Instructor.
- Krav Maga/Street Defence – Certified Instructor.
- Dennis Survival Jiu Jitsu – Black Belt.
- Zen Do Kai Freestyle Martial Arts – Black Belt.
- Muay Thai Boxing – Certified Instructor.
- Roger Gracie Brazilian Jiu Jitsu – Blue Belt.
Only through this was he able to put into practice his passion for fighting in Martial Arts and develop extraordinary skills in becoming a multi-discipline fighter.
As much as Nick has enjoyed studying and training in these disciplines, methods, concepts and systems Nick’s training has not stopped there. Nick is a certified Personal Trainer and has over 12 years of experience in fitness training he has also had the added privilege of obtaining this experience in some of the most exotic and challenging locations around the world.
- Muay Thai Boxing training Camp, Thailand
- Cuban Boxing training Camp, Cuba
- Chinese Kung Fu training Camp, China
- Dennis Survival Jiu Jitsu, Full Contact Championships Competitor
- 112 fight Kumite – 112 minutes – Charity Event to Raise funds and awareness for distressed children abroad.
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu European and National Championship Competitor and International Open Bronze Medalist
For those who have been taught by Nick before, they will know his skills in teaching and demonstration are expertly handled in providing the necessary guidance, whether it is introducing a new member to a Martial Arts discipline or for someone to hone their talents in fighting professionally.
“For me, being a Martial Artist is a way of life, not a job. Whether it is watching, training, competing or teaching, the adrenaline rush I experience combined with the physical, mental and spiritual development that I have gained through Martial Arts, is what continually drives me to learn and master new skills. More importantly, it teaches me that the key to becoming a great Martial Artist/Fighter and Teacher is to pass this knowledge on through communication, demonstration and leadership, something I strive to do each day” – Nick Wood